In more detail, the process is as follows:
- Solar radiation in the form of photons hits and penetrates the solar panel cells.
- These photons activate electrons in both the top and bottom silicon layers of a solar cell.
- Some of these activated electrons sling-shot from the bottom to the top of the cell.
- As they move, the electrons flow into metal contacts as electricity and move into a circuit that runs throughout the 60-cell solar panel.
- The electrons flow through this closed circuit and eventually come back to the cell via a solid contact layer at its bottom.
While the process above and solar technology are both extremely complex, fortunately you don’t need to be a scientist to get the benefits of it. To learn more about how solar works or about our panels, please contact a Solar Tyme, LLC representative.